Volunteer/Intern with Us
There are many ways to get involved with ChemTalk, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, including volunteering, internships, or by simply subscribing to our newsletter. ChemTalk has an educational internship and volunteer program that over 60 students and professionals have participated in.
ChemTalk is looking for students, teachers, professors, scientists, and hobbyists who are passionate about chemistry. You can help at many different levels – by providing photos, video, or articles, being a fact-checker, joining our advisor team, joining the board of directors, or helping with marketing or social media. Email us to help out. We are also on social media! See below for details.
Current Internship Openings
Students in high school, college and graduate school can apply for the ChemTalk intern program. Internships are 3-12 months and can involve one area, or rotating between different areas. Most opportunities are remote, but assisting with the ChemTalk LiveLab will be in-person in the Thousand Oaks, California vicinity.
We have internship slots open in the following areas:
- Writing articles and tutorials. Subjects are diverse, and include general chemistry, o-chem, biochem, the elements, lab related articles, experiments, the history of chemistry, and chemistry-related hobbies.
- Outreach to researchers and scientists for interviews and developing articles on their research and careers
- Social media content creation, growth and marketing
- Administering our podcast & interview program
- Creating experiment videos
- Video production and editing using software like adobe premiere pro or final cut
- Marketing, PR and partnerships to grow our brand and traffic
- Helping in the upcoming ChemTalk LiveLab (in Thousand Oaks, California)
Email email@example.com for information how to apply.
Adults who are finished with school can volunteer. The areas are similar to the internship programs, but commitment is more variable.